What is Dermasilk clothing?
DermaSilk underwear is a series of therapeutic clothing made of pure silk fibers protected by a permanently bound antimicrobial material, which is not released either on the skin during use or in the environment after washing. DermaSilk underwear is designed to last as long as conventional underwear and to stay effective throughout its life.
This unique combination:
- Soothes and calms sensitive skin.
- Reduces itching and inflammation.
- Controls sweat and maintains the proper thermal and hydrolipid balance of the skin.
- Controls the growth of bacteria and fungi.
- Encourages skin regeneration.
The results of the use lead to a significant improvement of the symptoms, compared to the conventional cotton underwear. DermaSilk and DermaSilk INTIMO underwear are available for women, men and children.
How are they used?
It's easy, just wear it. All DermaSilk underwear is effective if used clean on clean skin.
Underwear can be worn under the usual attire during the day or at night as pajamas. As they have heat regulating properties they are suitable for use at any time of year as their use does not allow the user to overheat or feel cold.
DermaSilk underwear can be used to help reduce symptoms during the acute phase of the disease (flare-up) and during remission, as a maintenance treatment to help prevent the activity of these flares.
You can continue to use moisturizers and prescription drugs, but you will find that with the use of underwear, the symptoms will be reduced immediately with the very first use. Do not apply a large amount of cream and let it be completely absorbed by the skin before wearing DermaSilk underwear. It is important that the silk they contain is in direct contact with the skin.
Can seams irritate the skin?
NO. Particular care has been taken in this area during the design of the underwear. In small underwear for infants up to 3 years old, the seams are outside the underwear. When the size of the underwear increases, for older children and for adult clothes, the seams are sewn inside. All seams are thin, soft and designed in such a way that they do not cause friction when they come in contact with the skin. A seam of the DermaSilk underwear is a soft seam.
Endurance and Care
Treat DermaSilk underwear carefully and follow the instructions carefully to make it last longer. It is important to follow the washing instructions provided in the labels of all underwear. DermaSilk underwear is not just a piece of clothing. They are class I medical devices and need appropriate care.
DermaSilk underwear can be washed at 30-40°C, by hand or in the washing machine with a small dose of neutral detergent (without fabric softener) or with detergent for delicate fabrics, not containing fabric softener, chlorine or bleach, perfumes or enzymes.
- If washed in the washing machine, use the program for fine fabrics and place the underwear in a special net. It is recommended to place in the tray softener 4-5 tablespoons of white vinegar.
- If washed by hand, it is recommended to soak the underwear for half an hour in white vinegar (1 tablespoon in 3 liters of water) after regular washing, and then rinse repeatedly with plenty of water to remove any detergent residue.
DermaSilk underwear should not be used in the rotation program, in the dryer or in direct contact with heat sources. Silk works best when it is slightly damp, so that drying is not done artificially or in direct sunlight where the silk can dry out excessively. You can hang them in the shade or on a dry towel to dry.
Presence of persistent dirt
Place the underwear in a basin and fill it with a liter of very hot water (the highest temperature you can have from the tap), make sure the cloth is well immersed, then pour 5 tablespoons of baking soda and 10 tablespoons of white vinegar directly on the garment. This mixture will begin to release oxygen and remove the difficult dirt.
Leave the underwear soaked for 5-6 hours or overnight, then wash as above.
DermaSilk underwear has the natural color of silk and has not undergone any dyeing process. Socks and tights are made with dyed yarn before the knitting process.
How to avoid frequent change of underwear
- Wash underwear alone or with other white clothes.
- If a washing machine is used, after washing the dark clothes it is recommended to perform the short rinsing program, so as to remove all the remnants of paint, material from the bucket. It is recommended that you clean the washing machine filter regularly so that the paint residue does not return to the drum during the next wash.
You pay a lot of attention to clothes that lose their color (such as jeans, tights, dark pants, etc.). Their dyes irreversibly change the color of DermaSilk underwear (although they do not affect their effectiveness).
DermaSilk underwear is pre-washed when made, but washing can sometimes tighten the knit, making it look like it has shrunk. If this happens, gently iron the garment lengthwise with a cool steam iron to restore the size.
- Underwear should be washed at a temperature of 30-40°C.
- Underwear cannot be bleached.
- Underwear can be ironed at a low temperature (maximum 110°C).
- Underwear can be dry cleaned.
- Underwear cannot be placed in the dryer.
- DermaSilk and DermaSilk INTIMO underwear are registered as Class I CE medical devices, and are manufactured by Alpretec Srl, Viale Primavera 93, 30027 San Donà di Piave (VE) - Italy.